Tall Fescue Grass Seed (Festuca Arundinacea)
Why Buy this product?
- Strongly tufted, tall perennial grass.
- Usually considered a broad-leaved grass, however modern amenity varieties are much finer
- Will survive in dry conditions due to deeper roots than Ryegrass etc. Deeper rooting than most grass plants other than Cocksfoot
- Natural types are variable (different sized plants, palatability, sometimes forms dense tussocks etc) without Rhizomes, however most modern bred varieties now have Rhizomes
- Tolerant to dry, damp and cold areas
- Found naturally in the UK. In roadsides, meadows, river sides, pastures, grasslands etc
- Similar to Meadow Fescue but slightly coarser and less palatable.
- Usually requires a pH of 5.5-6.5
- Usually requires 20-30 degrees to germinate
- Flowers June-August
- 45-200cm in height
Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.