Strong Creeping Red Fescue Grass Seed (Festuca Rubra Rubra)
Why Buy this product?
- Perennial, persistent, tufted, mat forming, fine fescue grass (loose-dense tufts)
- Creeping grass that produces long creeping rhizomes
- Heavily used in sports, lawn/landscaping, meadow and turf grass seed mixtures. Fantastic to use on new banking/slopes to bind and stabilise the soil surface
- Similar to Slender Creeping Red Fescue but forms more vigorous, longer spreading rhizomes and broader leaf
- Benefits include a fine leaf, high disease tolerance, good drought tolerance, fast establishment, clean cut, average shade tolerance, salt tolerance, good submersion tolerance etc.
- Disadvantages include shallow roots, high nutrient requirement, thatch production etc
- Found naturally in the UK, native to grasslands, dunes, moors, slopes, mountains, woodlands, hedges, wasteland etc
- Usually requires a pH of 5-7.2
- Usually requires 10-25 degrees to germinate
- Flowers June-July
- 20-100cm in height
Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.