Sheeps Fescue Grass Seed (Festuca Ovina)
Why Buy this product?
- An extremely fine leaved, densely tufted perennial plant (non rhizomatous)
- Leaves are a greyish green in colour
- Advantages include; very drought resistant, extremely fine leaved, low nutrient requirements, high shade tolerance, clean cut, high salt tolerance, high shoot density etc
- Disadvantages include; low wear tolerance, high thatch production etc
- Very common and native in the UK. Commonly found in heaths, moors, hills, mountains, acidic + standard soils, meadows, some sports (e.g. golf rough) and any other free draining or sandy land
- Extremely similar to Hard Fescue, however leaves of Sheeps Fescue are slightly finer (along with a few other very small traits)
- Usually requires a pH of 4.8-6
- Usually requires 12-25 degrees to germinate
- Flowers May-July
- 5-60cm in height
Available in 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.