Chewings Fescue Grass Seed (Festuca Rubra Commutata)
Why Buy this product?
- A perennial, fine fescue grass that's densely tufted
- Without Rhizomes unlike Slender & Strong Creeping Red Fescue and thicker leaves than Sheeps Fescue
- Heavily used in sports (golf, bowling greens), lawn/landscaping, meadows, with wildflowers and turf grass seed mixtures
- Benefits include a very fine leaf, good drought tolerance, average speed of establishment, clean cut, shade tolerance, good salt tolerance, good submersion tolerance, high shoot density, low nutrient requirements etc.
- Disadvantages include low disease tolerance, high thatch production, etc
- Commonly used in the UK but originally imported from New Zealand
- Usually requires a pH of 4.5-6
- Usually requires 15-25 degrees to germinate
- Flowers June
- 20-90cm in height
Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.