Hard Fescue Grass Seed (Festuca Trachyphylla)
Why Buy this product?
- An extremely fine leaved, densely tufted perennial plant (non-rhizomatous)
- Leaves are a greyish-green to bluish-green colour
- Advantages include; very drought resistant, extremely fine leaved, low nutrient requirements, high shade tolerance, clean cut, high salt tolerance, high shoot density etc
- Disadvantages include; low wear tolerance, high thatch production etc
- Commonly used in the UK but introduced from Germany. Commonly found in lawns, meadows, road verges, banks, parks, sports clubs and any other free draining or sandy land
- Extremely similar to Sheeps Fescue however leaves of Hard Fescue are slightly broader (along with a few other very small traits)
- Usually requires a pH of 4.8-6
- Usually requires 12-25 degrees to germinate
- Flowers May-Aug
- 15-70cm in height
Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.