Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass Grass Seed (Lolium Perenne)
Why Buy this product?
- The most common and popular grass used in amenity areas (tufted grass - loose to dense tufts dependent on variety)
- Extremely valuable grass for hard wearing areas whilst still being fairly fine-leaved
- Benefits include, high wear tolerance, high disease tolerance, super-fast to establish, average shade tolerance, low thatch production etc
- Disadvantages include, high nutrient requirements, low heat tolerance, low fineness of leaf, low shoot density, low submersion tolerance etc.
- Normally lasts 5 years + before natural grasses manage their way back into the sward
- Usually requires a pH of 5.5-7.2
- Extensively sown in the UK, on most amenity areas
- Will respond well to Nitrogen
- Flowers May-Aug
- 10-90cm in height
- 30+ cultivars available due to it being the subject of plant breeding. Including, diploid, tetraploid, creeping ryegrass, winter active varieties etc
- Usually requires 10-20 degrees to germinate but we do have a few cultivars that require less - see Coldstart
- Ideal to be sown on its own or in mixtures depending on use (see our large range of mixture which include Ryegrass)
Available in 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.