Slender Creeping Red Fescue Grass Seed (Festuca Rubra Litoralis)
Why Buy this product?
- Perennial, persistent, tufted, mat forming, fine fescue grass (dense tufts)
- Creeping grass that produces short and slender creeping rhizomes
- Heavily used in sports (golf, bowling greens), lawn/landscaping, meadow, wildflower and turf grass seed mixtures. Fantastic to use on new banking/slopes along with strong creeping red fescue, to bind and stabilise the soil surface
- Similar to Strong Creeping Red Fescue but forms less vigorous, short spreading rhizomes and finer leaf
- Benefits include a very fine leaf, good drought tolerance, average speed of establishment, clean cut, shade tolerance, high salt tolerance, good submersion tolerance, high shoot density etc.
- Disadvantages include shallow roots, low disease tolerance, high thatch production, etc
- Found naturally in the UK, native to grasslands, dunes, moors, slopes, mountains, woodlands, hedges, wasteland etc
- Usually requires a pH of 5-7.2
- Usually requires 10-25 degrees to germinate
- Flowers June-July
- 20-60cm in height
Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.