Timothy Grass Seed (Phleum Pratense) (Cat's-tail) (Acre Pack)
Why Buy this product?
- A small seeded, tufted grass (loose-dense tufts), persistent perennial grass
- An important and popular grass used in agriculture. Commonly used for grazing and hay (will produce high quality hay), with Perennial Ryegrass, Meadow Fescue etc
- Very palatable and good digestibility
- Shallow rooted, so succeeds on damp/wet/heavy soils (can tolerate lighter soils too)
- New varieties are much more persistent and less stemmy
- Very winter hardy
- This is large-leaved Timothy but we also have Small-leaved Timothy (Smaller Cat's-tail) - a more slender plant (smaller, small leaf width etc) use more in amenity/wildflower situations.
- Not normally sown straight (approx 8 kg if needed to be) and 1-2.5 kg in mixtures
- Found naturally in the UK. Commonly found in forage leys, field margins, roadsides, meadows, waste areas, wetlands, low-lying land etc.
- Flowers June-August
- 40-150cm in height
- Various varieties available
8 kg per acre