Lucerne Seed Pre-Inoculated (Alfalfa) (8kg per acre) (EFA)
(Call for availability, variety and to buy)
Why Buy this product?
- Nitrogen fixing legume feeding itself and successive crops.
- Extremely deep rooting!
- Lucerne has a good high protein feed (18-20% crude protein)
- Fresh yields of 45 tons per ha can be expected with dry matter of 28-30%.
- Seed is sown at 8 kg per care in April or July/August at 10- 20mm seed depth depending upon moisture levels.
- A firm fine consolidated seed bed is recommended & a pH of 6.0 is essential to a good crop establishment.
- Lucerne is best suited to a cutting regime as silage or hay.
- High DM (30-35%) round bale silage is the very best way of preserving the forage, resulting in minimal leaf loss and reducing secondary fermentation.
- The first cut is normally available around the 15 th and then continues at 6 week intervals through summer.
- High dry matter intakes of Lucerne are possible due to the highly palatable thin cell wall of Lucerne when compared to grass.
- Preferred varieties are Daisy, Pardus and Marhall - CALL FOR PRICE AND VARIETY
- On the EFA list, complies when used with a cereal on the list
Sow in April or July/August
8 kg per acre