Crested Dogstail Grass Seed (Cynosurus Cristatus)
Call for price - current shortages of this product
Why Buy this product?
- A small seeded, low growing, compactly tufted perennial grass
- A stiff looking grass with a thin wiry stem
- Has a distinctive, visually pleasing and compact seed head
- Foodplant of caterpillars of several different butterfly species
- Withstands draught and cold conditions
- Leafy at the base of the plant which is suitable for grazing (low yielding). Sometimes used in traditional permanent pastures and makes the grass sward denser. However, has a very wiry stem which makes it more suitable to wildflower and environmental seed mixtures. Also used in amenity situations too.
- Found in our G1 Companion Grass Seed Mix to use with wildflower seed
- Found naturally in the UK in every county! Found in old grasslands, lowlands, hills, meadows etc. Will grow on a very large range of soils (light-heavy soils, dry-damp soils, acidic-neutral soils etc)
- Flowers June-Aug
- 5-75cm in height
Available in 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.