Quaking Grass Seed (Briza Media)
Why Buy this product?
- A perennial grass that forms loose tufts (with short rhizomes)
- An attractive and recognisable grass, with unique panicles (sometimes used for decorative uses)
- Greenish/yellowish/purplish spikelets
- We commonly use in wildflower and grass seed mixtures
- Provides little competition at the bottom of the grass sward and slow growing
- Sometime grazed with other grasses, however has no agricultural value due to very little leaf being produced
- Has large amounts of common names: Didder, Pearl, Rattle, Shivering, Trembling, Maiden Hair, Lady's Hairgrass, Cow Quakes, Doddering Dickies, Quaker Grass etc
- Found naturally in the UK on hill grasslands, old meadows, pastures, heavy soils, light soils, calcareous soils and sometimes acidic soils.
- Flowers June-Aug
- 15-75cm in height
Available in 1kg, 2kg, 5kg and 10kg bag sizes.