Meadow Foxtail Grass Seed (Alopecurus Pratensis)
Why Buy this product?
- An early flowering, perennial grass that forms loose-dense tufts
- Unique cylindrical seed heads resembling a fox's bushy tail
- Also known as Common Foxtail
- Very early growth, being one of the first grasses to flower
- Important habitat for invertebrates
- Used with other grass & wildflower seeds. It can be a problem if used with wildflower seeds on productive soils due to early growth (gaining dominance in the sward)
- Meadow foxtail can vary, some strains are stemmy and some are much leafier. In some cases, being very palatable & nutritious (grazing & hay)
- Found naturally in the UK on low lying areas, river valleys, water meadows, old grassland (especially on richer soils), roadsides, hedgerows, woodlands etc. Not normally found on free draining areas and does not like permanently waterlogged areas.
- Flowers April-July
- 30-120cm in height
Available in 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.