Utopia (Mustard / Kale Hybrid Seed) (2kg per acre)
A Hybrid between Black Mustard (Abyssinian Mustard) and Wild Ethiopian Kale.
Why Buy this product?
- An easy Kale
- Ultra-fast establishment, like Mustard
- See Carbon for a new version of this product
- Gives a super quick cover by November
- Great rescue crop
- Grows three times as fast as a Rape
- Large leaves like Kale
- High frost tolerance
- Very strong stems-resistant to lodging
- A Low seed rate like Kale
- Ideal for late sowings in Mid June/July
- Can also be used at flushing points on a drive, drilled at right angles to enable a more managed and controlled flush of birds
- Needs to be sown no earlier than 3rd week of June and even later in the south of England (possibly 2nd week of July to avoid bolting)
- Utopia has a hunger for Nitrogen and well developed crops require fertiliser that is definitely needed to achieve best results. 60 kilo per acre for best results also FYM were available.
2 kg per acre