Saltmarsh-Grass Seed (Puccinellia Maritima)
Why Buy this product?
- A perennial grass that's densely tufted/loosely tufted and spreading (with creeping stolons)
- Creeping vigorous coastal grass
- Also known Sea Poa, Sea Meadow Grass or Seaside Alkaligrass
- Distinct colour as leaves are a greyish-dark green
- Shallow roots that can even colonize on bare coastal mud, due to self-regenerating long runners
- Found naturally in the UK in grass salt marshes, saline soils, mud flats, sand etc
- Forms a compact turf in amenity mixtures, see HL.7 Coastal Grass Seed for a mixture with Salt-marsh grass in
- Flowers June-July
- 10-80cm in height
Available in 2kg, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg bag sizes.